We can find hundred tips on How to run SMS Marketing Campaigns But we cant find anything that really tells What to do stepwise.? Just go through the following steps and then you will be ready to launch your own SMS Campaigns.
Step 1: Create A Promotional Subscription Program
You create a promotional subscription program for your customers, such as “Mobile Movie Ticket Club”, that offers Movie Tickets UNAVAILABLE to the general consumer.
Step 2: Recruit Subscribers
Several methods can be used for opting in:
• In-store signage, explaining the program and directing the consumer to text a keyword to a cell phone short code, or to a website. The customer opt in happens immediately with the short code method.
• One can place the call-to-action on bags/packaging, register receipts, bag stuffers...etc., basically any medium that a customer takes away from your store.
• A mobile program can also be advertised on billboards and radio/TV advertising.
• If the business has a website, an opt-in form can be inserted, where one can also request demographic data that can subsequently be used for targeting promotions.
• Whatever method you utilize to advertise your mobile program, you should provide an incentive for consumers to text in. That incentive will depend on the nature of your business. For example, a restaurant might offer its patrons 5% off that day’s bill for signing up.
Step 3: Create Promotional SMS Campaigns
Campaigns can be created to satisfy specific business objectives, such as filling in low traffic times, clearing overstock items, featuring new product…etc.
Step 4: Select A Subscriber Base For Your Campaign
Select from your subscriber base the population that best suits your campaign. For example, a shoe retailer may choose to send a promotion for a specific brand of athletic shoe to only males between certain ages. Remember that, if you use a website for your opt in, subscriber demographics can be captured.
Step 5: Create Your SMS Message For Your Campaign
Create the message that you want to broadcast to the target market identified in Step 4. It is recommended that some sort of Promotion Code be included in order to track results.
Step 6: Set Your Campaign To Broadcast
Stage the campaign for broadcast. You can specify the day and time of day that you want your message sent. When that time arrives, your promotion will be sent to the cell phones of your targeted subscribers as a text message.
Apart from Just following the above steps it is very important to follow the SMS Marketing Tips for good response and Long term relationship with Customers.
Step 7: Measure the Campaigns for various data.
Measuring a campaign can give you the basic insights on customers likings, disliking, Behaviour etc. The analysis of this data is very important for further campaigns, it help you give your customers what they want. For more information on Measuring the campaign visit Measuring the Campaigns
Happy Campaigning.... :)