- Contribute to existing development efforts and take initiative in development of new product concepts, which may include developing few prototypes etc.
- The work may involve development using various technologies, mostly web frameworks for developing, running and troubleshooting web based high transactions systems. Some examples are:-
Wednesday, November 9, 2011
Wednesday, July 20, 2011
Place : Borivalli West, Mumbai
We're good people. We are looking for a long engagement for Web designing and Online Product packaging.Want a Project that will test your ability to balance code and beauty while preserving our product's brand equity?
Screen Magic Mobile seeks a Web designer/front-end developer with a hunger for taking skilled, analytical creationism and transforming it into engaging, useful Web-driven packages that demonstrate creative innovation and an understanding of our brand.
You'll be responsible for making the design/renovation of our digital products. We'll be working on packaging our product SMS Magic Interact and its promotion across the globe.
We need a Web-centric designer who has a strong understanding of user experience, design ideas and principles. You’ll be our first line of defense when something on the site breaks. Site usability and fixing front-end problems are your main responsibilities, but we also expect you to have a basic understanding of back-end structure so you can work with the people in charge of fixing it.
A little about us:
Screen Magic provide state of art platform that can be easily integrated with any CRM to send and receive SMS within the platform. We are currently partner of Salesforce.com and Zoho.com for catering SMS needs. Screen Magic has already registered 200+ international Customers on these CRMs.
- Blogger/Wordpress knowledge that goes beyond a simple install and extends to
the plugin level.
- A portfolio that speaks to the same.
- Bonus points if you’ve got a good working knowledge of SEO and are actively communicating online (blogs, Tumblr, Twitter) with others in the Web design field.
- Knowledge about current Web trends/technology.
- A spirit of experimentation
Note: Send a cover letter, résumé, and examples of past work to Gold Hassan at [email protected].
Monday, July 4, 2011
Client : A RENOWNED SOAP BRAND
- Customer Acquisition Program
- Product Launch Advertisements
- Customer Loyalty Programs
- Greetings/Wishes for Birthday and other festivals.
- Database procurement.
- Spreading Awareness about different products of same Brand. Check out the steps to Mobile Campaign
- The database analysis and classification based on various demographics.
- The Customer loyalty program
- The customer acquisition through the basic referral programs ran on the existing Customers. This program turned out to very successful in terms of the addition of new customer contact in Customer’s Database.
- Various Product launch based on the variables like session ( Monsoon, Winter, Festivals), demographics (age, place of putting up, birth month etc)
- Preference based advertisements/ personalized SMSing.
- Database classification based on defined demographics by customer.
- Automated system to send the response and view all the responses at the same time.
- A Web-based campaign manager that enables the Brand manager to keep track to all the campaigns ran in real time and also adds the ability to see the Keyword based response of all the campaign at one go at one place.
- Screen-Magic (S-M) campaigns were able to increase the Customers database by 30%.
- S-M enabled the customer to do the preferential advertising, thus getting special engagement with the users.
- S-M worked with the vision of increasing the sales and credibility of the Brand which was gained through rows of specially designed campaigns based on the specific needs of the customers.
- Sales increased due to better awareness of the Brand.
- Mobile Content on Brand Product started a chain reaction of User Pushed content flooding on the Campaign manager.
Saturday, June 25, 2011
We have successfully upgraded our servers. Now we have more powerful servers for your service.
Our service is live now.
If you face any problem, please email us on [email protected] or Tweet us @smsmagic.
- Customer Support @ Screen-Magic.
Friday, June 24, 2011
SMS Magic Interact
Please be informed that Screen Magic Mobile Media will be performing Up-gradation/maintenance work during the times specified below which will affect outgoing and incoming SMS traffic. Messages will be queued during this period.
Customer Impact: High
Date: Saturday, June 25th, 2011
Time: 11:00 to 13:00 (IST,Indian Standard Time)
Impacted Services: SMS
Description: Due to heavy Client requirements, we are now shifting our applications to more powerful server to give you faster and better service.
We apologize for the inconvenience, and will keep you updated with the latest developments if need arises.
SMS Magic Team
For more information on SMS Magic Interact, go to
Follow us on Twitter and Facebook
Thursday, June 23, 2011
When it comes to Mobile, the media and game plan changes altogether. You are dealing with an entity that is way too personal than a TV or Radio. You are invading your Customer’s Pocket.
How to do it on Mobile I will say "Be careful, you are dealing with some Device that may explode."
The Best practices of Running Customer Loyalty Programs on Mobile are as:
- Create Regular Offer Campaigns. Referring to the To-Do’s List can make your life simpler. Your SMS Campaign should create a unique Identity among the Customers (which is of course, no one would like an Identity as Spammer).
- Create Mobile Feedback System. A feedback system is must for any CLP. A mobile based Feedback system is very effective yet too easy to implement. The Feedback system can be for e.g. A campaign asking Customers to send in their queries/Feedback/Problem faced starting with certain Keyword. You can further segregate and respond back. It creates a sense of belonging and caring among Customers.
- Create Quizzes and Polls with Reward Programs (Point Based). Regular Quizzes and Polls have two Advantages:
- Keeps Customers engage
- Give you the feedback about general Image of your brand in Market.
- Regular Customer Feeling very special and elite among others.
- General Customers feeling jealous and motivated to register for your CLP.
Saturday, June 18, 2011
Cash Rain (of course, this was what I was talking abt) ...for Start Ups… How?
Cloud computing is more of a pricing innovation more than a technological innovation. (That’s what I think, what’s your take??)
Let’s explore together……
Cloud computing is the savior for a lot of Web based start ups , letting them start with small amounts of capital and scale quickly in response to demand (That’s why they call them On Demand CRM sometimes).
New startups don’t own anything yet, so they don’t have a legacy investment in physical infrastructure. They also don’t have IT departments, who
After all, cloud computing is really just virtualization that’s hosted by somebody else. The mind-blowing thing is the ability to pay for computing like it is a utility.
Advantage 1: Success-Based Scaling
When something is a utility, you pay for it based on the amount you use. A startup can do “success-based scaling,” and have many months of minimal costs (and no revenue), before finding product market fit and starting to grow rapidly.
Success-based scaling reduces the risk of launching a startup, and reduces the capital required to do so. A startup might never find product-market fit, or it might be a hit for a few months and then turn out to be a flash-in-the pan. With cloud computing, you can quickly scale up to meet demand, and you can scale back down just as quickly.
More you Save, More you invest….
Advantage 2: Cash-Flow Positive Infrastructure
When something is a utility, you pay after using the service, instead of before you use it , that’s the difference between dedicated hosting and cloud computing. For a start up, the chance to delayed payment is real deal. Because revenues typically take time to collect, the business normally has to have a fair amount of cash on hand to continue to function while it waits to be paid.
Even a very profitable startup that is growing rapidly might have trouble paying its bills because it simply hasn’t collected the cash from its customers yet! For more information here…I have a story to tell…mail me on
Cash is the oxygen of business, and cloud computing allows companies to inhale the oxygen (by collecting revenue) before they exhale (pay their vendors). No wonder that in the last few years, web-based startups have grown like weeds even as the broader economy collapsed!
Cloud computing offers the potential to be inherently cash-flow positive and infinite growth without much of bandwidth (which is of course important in a start up).
What do you think about it….??
"Had Matrix been written on some cloud, humans would have been safe in all Matrix movies..."
Friday, June 10, 2011
I have been searching Web for a Complete guide for SMS Marketing (of course we dont get any book of that name in market, and I wanted to jump into SMS Marketing arena) , that can tell you actually how to start from the scratch and make the campaign successful.
Everybody told about Flashy tips, but still, I found absence of the basics. The following document will give you a clear picture about each steps, measurement variables, Humanitarian Tips, Loyalty program basics , Market Segregation, some crucial facts and figures.
I have documented all that I have learned all these years. This is of course first part. Customer Loyalty Program and Customer Acquisition program on SMS are yet to be documented. Hope it will be shared soon with you guys.
Till then Happy Campaigning. :)
Monday, June 6, 2011
Mass marketing refers to treatment of the market as a homogenous group and offering the same marketing mix to all customers. Mass marketing allows economies of scale to be realized through mass production, mass distribution, and mass communication. The only drawback of mass marketing is that customer needs and preferences differ and the same offering is unlikely to be viewed as optimal by all customers. That is, absence of Human Touch.
Target marketing on the other hand recognizes the diversity of customers and does not try to please all of them with the same offering. The first step in target marketing is to identify different market segments and their needs.
SMS Campaigns can be very intrusive if segmentation is not taken care of. Some of the general segmentation that should be used while running any campaign are as below:
The following are some examples of geographic variables often used in segmentation.
• Region: by continent, country, state, or even neighborhood
• Size of metropolitan area: segmented according to size of population
• Population density: often classified as urban, suburban, or rural
• Climate: according to weather patterns common to certain geographic regions
Some demographic segmentation variables include: ( Of course these will help a lot)
Psychographic segmentation groups customers according to their lifestyle. Activities, interests, and opinions, SMS is one of the best tools that can be used for surveys. Some psychographic variables include:
Behavioral segmentation is based on actual customer behavior toward products. Some behavioralistic variables include:
• Benefits sought
• Usage rate
• Brand loyalty
• User status: potential, first-time, regular, etc.
• Readiness to buy
• Occasions: holidays and events that stimulate purchases
Behavioral segmentation has the advantage of using variables that are closely related to the product itself. It is a fairly direct starting point for market segmentation.
A successful SMS Marketing not only invoke interest of customers in Brand but also creates a Happy and Loyal Customer. We will discuss about Customer Loyalty program on Mobile soon.
Till then Happy SMS Campaigning… :)
Monday, May 30, 2011
Getting in touch with customers in simple yet most personalized way is need of the moment.
With everybody going Mobile, SMS gives exactly the solution to current scenario. SMS solution not only provide a media to communicate with the Customers but also internally and Personally.
With SMS support you can:
1.Send and Receive Updates/Notifications/Alerts inside your CRM.
2.Stay connected to your CRM
3.Update Database using simple SMS ( for people working on field)
4.Reach a number of people in just a single click (Bulk SMS)
5.Create/Edit/Configure SMS Templates: No need to type in SMS every-time, just click and find your template (which will use fields from CRM itself) and Let the information flow.
6.Brand your SMS and give it a personalized touch.
7.Create Auto trigger, send Auto Notification for cases, tasks, Events
8.Reach Anywhere across globe, just in a click
9.In addition, SMS CRM enables you to keep a complete record of all SMS communication with your customers, which can assist in creating a valuable database of your customers' details.
Doesn't it makes your life look simpler??
A 2 way messaging system, enable the CRM to be more communicative and simple to use. (That’s what I think is the basic Idea of a CRM: Communication and Database). You get connected to your customers/workforce and Communicate.
SMS Magic Interact is one such application on Salesforce.com. Its Sweet, Its Simple and most importantly it makes you smile.
Monday, May 23, 2011
Step 1: Create A Promotional Subscription Program
You create a promotional subscription program for your customers, such as “Mobile Movie Ticket Club”, that offers Movie Tickets UNAVAILABLE to the general consumer.
Step 2: Recruit Subscribers
Several methods can be used for opting in:
• In-store signage, explaining the program and directing the consumer to text a keyword to a cell phone short code, or to a website. The customer opt in happens immediately with the short code method.
• One can place the call-to-action on bags/packaging, register receipts, bag stuffers...etc., basically any medium that a customer takes away from your store.
• A mobile program can also be advertised on billboards and radio/TV advertising.
• If the business has a website, an opt-in form can be inserted, where one can also request demographic data that can subsequently be used for targeting promotions.
• Whatever method you utilize to advertise your mobile program, you should provide an incentive for consumers to text in. That incentive will depend on the nature of your business. For example, a restaurant might offer its patrons 5% off that day’s bill for signing up.
Step 3: Create Promotional SMS Campaigns
Campaigns can be created to satisfy specific business objectives, such as filling in low traffic times, clearing overstock items, featuring new product…etc.
Step 4: Select A Subscriber Base For Your Campaign
Select from your subscriber base the population that best suits your campaign. For example, a shoe retailer may choose to send a promotion for a specific brand of athletic shoe to only males between certain ages. Remember that, if you use a website for your opt in, subscriber demographics can be captured.
Step 5: Create Your SMS Message For Your Campaign
Create the message that you want to broadcast to the target market identified in Step 4. It is recommended that some sort of Promotion Code be included in order to track results.
Step 6: Set Your Campaign To Broadcast
Stage the campaign for broadcast. You can specify the day and time of day that you want your message sent. When that time arrives, your promotion will be sent to the cell phones of your targeted subscribers as a text message.
Apart from Just following the above steps it is very important to follow the SMS Marketing Tips for good response and Long term relationship with Customers.
Step 7: Measure the Campaigns for various data.
Measuring a campaign can give you the basic insights on customers likings, disliking, Behaviour etc. The analysis of this data is very important for further campaigns, it help you give your customers what they want. For more information on Measuring the campaign visit Measuring the Campaigns
Happy Campaigning.... :)
Wednesday, May 18, 2011
Twuffer – Twuffer was developed for anyone who has a need to schedule pre-written, post-dated tweets, you can use it for different purposes, like tweeting hourly/daily/monthly announcements, running time based contests and so on.
AutoTweeter – A java based cross platform twitter desktop client that will allow you to schedule future tweets without using any external service.
Future Tweets – Future Tweets is a free service that lets you schedule your Twitter messages. Send it at a specific time in the future or send a recurring tweet daily, weekly, monthly or yearly!
TwitRobot – TwitRobot allows schedule your Twitter messages. Send status updates to Twitter even when your away from your phone or computer.
TweetLater – TweetLater allows you to schedule tweets that will be sent out in the future. Pretty simple and easy to use.
Which other service have you used to send out tweets in the future? Have you used any of the ones we listed here? Do let us know through your comments.
Tuesday, May 17, 2011
Effective and timely reporting on any advertising campaign is the make or break of its effectiveness. Even more important is knowing exactly what to measure.
Some of the Variables that should be well measured while in Mobile Marketing campaign:
• No of SMS sent and Response Received.
• Trends etc.
Further the data is guiding light in itself. You can use the data to analyze the Customer Behavior and program your various campaigns around it.
Measurements may be passive or interactive.A passive measurement just give you the idea that something happened while interactive measurement take steps according to the real time results.
However the passive measurement give you the clear picture as a whole while the results of interactive measurement may be varied depending on various variables.
SMS Campaign has its own good and bad. Visit SMS Campaign tips for a seemless campaign.
Procuring a simple state of art SMS Campaign Manager with A simple User Interface and intuitive model can provide you with the Matrices to understand Market Trend and define your campaign according to it.
Screen Magic provide you one such Campaign Manager. For more information please get in touch with me @ [email protected]
Monday, May 16, 2011
Wednesday, May 4, 2011
Wednesday, April 27, 2011
“The world is as big as my Mobile Screen”
We are working in the midst of a revolution, and mobile technology offers a key delivery vehicle to capitalize on today’s new marketing Imperatives.
Just before people started making themselves comfortable with Web 2.0, a new age of communication arrived. In our age, Its known as Mobile Media.
It is powerful yet handy marketing medium. Its personal, its social life centre, its all my communication hub to outer world. It has all that I need, browser, music player, SMS service are just the thing I need on the move to keep myself connected to world.
Yet, its quite easily noticeable that there’s a huge difference between browsing on mobile and other ways. Thinking it as the mini version of current methods is really an issue. Mobile is complete medium unto itself, neither to be mistaken as mini version of other things nor side kick to super hero web 2.0.
There are varying devices in market from mobile browsers that lack a lot of functionality to smartphones that offer unique browser experiences (think iPhone and Android).
To add an all new dimensions of complexity to this Mobile Media marketing equation, Mobile Tablets (like iPad and Samsung Galaxy) have arrived with all new experience.
As marketers seek to include customers in the conversations, integrate online and offline and “chunk” content into easily consumable sound bites – the emergence of mobile offers a key delivery vehicle to capitalize on these new marketing imperatives.
Consumers are embracing mobile, be it mobile phone or Laptops. They want access to digital information anytime and anywhere. These numbers are just epiphany to the new age :
• 78% of business people use their mobile device to check email. (Source: AT&T, March 2011)
• 40% of US Smartphone owners compare prices on their mobile device while in-store, shopping for an item. (Source: Comscore, January 2011)
• 1 in 5 US adult mobile phone owners have used their device to make a purchase in the past month. (Source: Mobile Marketing Association & Luth Research, May 2010)
• 101 million smartphones were sold in Q4, versus 92 million PCs (IDC, January 2011)
• Laptop ownership has increased dramatically from 30 percent to 52 percent, and desktop ownership has declined.(Pew Research, October 2010)
Mobile is like leaflet containing all the indices and rest follows.
With great power comes greater responsibility.
The marketers should understand that the Mobile community should be fed with the information they need. The demographics like age, sex, location will turn obsolete if the content and context are ignored. The messages/communication should never be spam as it contains bit of valuable information. The Holy grail is to channelize it in right procedure.
This rapid growth of mobile technology offers extraordinary opportunities for marketers. Mobile devices allow us to connect with consumers no matter where they happen to be, and the power of location-based services enhances potential interactions even more.
Creating a mobile version of your website is more than creating a smaller version of your current brochure ware website. The reason you do not need a mobile version of your current website is because mobile is not the same as the Web.
From platform to technology to how the consumer interacts with the media, the only thing that that the Web and mobile have in common is that they are both new media. The way someone accesses the content is fundamentally different from a Web experience, but most importantly, more and more consumers are using mobile as the first gateway to find out about your brand.
While the rules are still being determined as more and more companies wade into this new territory, marketers should look for integrated mobile marketing solutions.
The right idea will be to let the consumers pull the information. We still need to find out the patterns and way to make consumer aware that certain service exist without spamming them (of course at a point).
Tuesday, April 26, 2011
SMS Lingo !!
Later when civilization improved on technology front, paging and SMS took over the Telegram.
A couple of years ago, my dad peered over my cousin sister’s shoulder and read the message on her phone. “Lol? Who is lolling you? Is that some kind of rude word?”
With e-mail, instant messaging, facebook, twitter and SMSs or text messages, a new form of writing has emerged.
Earlier also, we had constraint of space and number of characters but the language never evolved only till now. Due to the fact that many of these new systems limit the number of characters you can use, people try many different ways to get a meaningful message across in the smallest possible way. This includes substituting numbers for letters, letters for words and numerous misspellings of words in order to try and use fewer characters.
These words are omnipresent and I was also astonished to see some shop carrying these names. (ROFLing Store, Beauty 4eva..etc)
What really interests me is how people from different groups of friends use different words and spellings, people I from Mumbai use different words to people in Nasik, and even people from different states have their own way of writing.
There are so many different words and variations that can be used, I thought of some basics that people generally use,may it be of some help:
• First of all, often vowels are left out in order to shorten words.
• Second, letters that do not have any sound in the word (“silent letters”) are also often omitted, eg. The “l” in “would” and “could”, and the “e” at the end of many words.
• Try saying the sounds of the letters, often a letter that sounds like a word is used in place of the actual word, eg “c” instead of “see”
• Numbers can sometimes be read as the sound they make, eg. 8 as the “ate” sound, or 4 as “for”. Other times however, numbers can represent letters, eg. 4 as “a”, and 3 as “e”.
• Sometime in letters with “I” and ending in “E”,”I” is replaced by “Y” .e.g. Life turns to “lyf”, Like into ”Lyk”, Time into ”Tym”
• “U” is read as indivisual U only e.g. for New its “nu”
Its just that we have entered into a new age of communication, the languages are going to transform a lot. I just hope that they don’t start teaching this as subject and define the grammar for the same.
Its basically the freedom that this medium offers to the consumers that it reflects at this very basic level.
Wednesday, April 20, 2011
You have a message…!!
I had one such ringtone long back.
And it used to ring only once in a while. So this ringtone was welcomed. Later , with the increase in frequency of ringing, it started making me feel as if it was scolding me to pick and check the message.
Thursday, March 3, 2011
JD of Salesforce Developer
Screen-Magic, a growing mobile media start-up, is looking for fresh talent in a software developer to add capability and capacity to its engineering team. The candidate we seek should be fresh & eager to learn and grow with the experienced founding team and other key developers. He/she should be capable of working in a small team, yet take responsibility and deliver.
The developer is required to work on developing Salesforce applications of Screen-Magic (such as SMS Magic, view http://sites.force.com/appexchange/listingDetail?listingId=a0N300000024XvyEAE )
Prior knowledge of Salesforce development is good but nowhere necessary. High Performers will be equitably rewarded as the Company grows. We are open to discussing possibilities of individual’s growth in the Company, with interested and capable candidates.
Software Developer (Working at Borivali Mumbai office of SM)
(Title may depend on your talent, experience and match with our requirements)
Roles & Responsibilities
1. Contribute to existing development efforts and take initiative in development of new product concepts, which may include developing few prototypes etc.
2. The work may involve development using various technologies, mostly web frameworks for developing, running and troubleshooting web based high transactions systems. Some examples are:-
a. Development of web front-end in Php / Java for application delivery
b. Writing scripts for server management, Server backup & its management
c. Creating Unit tests for application testing and QA
d. Troubleshooting and bug-fixing in real-time client pressure for delivery
e. Adding features to existing systems (Already developed)
f. Initiate and take responsibility for product deployment @ client for activities such as Server Set-up / ubuntu/windows
Typical Candidate Profile
1. Qualification & Exp: Fresher from reputed Eng college or upto 2 years experienced software developer required. BE/Btech in Comp Science or IT or MCA will be preferred.
2. Technology Skills:
a. Prior knowledge of Salesforce development is good but nowhere necessary
b. Knowledge of Java, Php and other web technologies.
c. Experience of working with Databases like MySQL, Oracle.
d. Knowledge of Web Frameworks like CakePHP, CodeIgniter will be appreciated.
e. Knowledge of Scripting language is a bonus
3. Some experience of delivering to projects either in College or in a company is a must
4. The candidate should have experienced of creating / working on projects with reasonable quality and depth in these technologies. Plus the candidate should demonstrate keeness to go further and learn the use of these technologies to create and develop large internet based applications and systems, used by millions of users across different media.
Screen-Magic is a tech driven media company delivering services which leverage the unique - real-time & response based nature of mobile media. We create apps to integrate with global CRM’s and web networks (incl. Social media) & deliver communications that create opportunities for interactive engagement among brands, their audiences, workers etc.
We have direct relationships with mobile carriers in India and deliver interesting and innovative applications to their mobile subscribers.
Our list of clients includes top operators in India, Enterprises and global clients using various app we create.
Salary to be offered depending on Candidates profile.
Position based in Borivali Mumbai
Sal: 2-3 Lakhs / Annum Depending on Candidate’s profile